The X-12 Leadership Assessment is designed to assess alignment at both the Behavioral and Values levels, so that individuals, teams and leaders can get desired changes in behavior that are needed in the development of a new culture, while dramatically enhancing a results-producing process. This tool is intended to have a transformative impact on the performance of the business by accelerating the development of individuals, teams and leaders. With the addition of Performance Consulting, this tool addresses content (through context) in such a way that learning is generative, iterative, creative and pervasive, touching every experience that clients have and generalizing into all the various environments with which clients live and work.
The major objectives of the X-12 Leadership Appraisal are:
- To provide a leader with an open, honest and straightforward feedback session (specifically reflecting his/her management style) in a non judgmental fashion, thereby providing a positive and supportive climate where the individual can personally grow and professional develop. This involves pinpointing quantifiable areas of strengths, future potential, and true weaknesses. The data provided is a positive tool for the individual’s future development.
- To provide a higher degree of probability for success to the organization in its selection of individuals for promotions, new hires, transfers, professional development, and transitions into new areas of responsibility.
- To provide a data base for future organizational needs in the areas of reorganization, training and development.
- To determine the organizational behavior and its highest potential for increased work performance, creativity, and productivity that is acceptable to both the organization and the individual.
- To measure:
- Human performance within the organization and ascertain where more effectiveness can be achieved
- The specific process whereby increased effectiveness can be facilitated by both the organization and the individual employee (i.e., shared responsibility, team building, etc.).
- To match the organization’s missions, goals and objectives with the individual’s needs and capabilities.
- Are dealing with integration issues before, during or after M&A activity.
- To assist in key executive successor transitions during organizational transformation and change.
The twelve basic aspects of the tool measure:
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Source of Energy
- Areas of Risk
- Control Behavior
- Feeling Control
- Interpersonal Relationships
In studies, it has been shown that by developing and improving individual scores on the above 12 elements, benefits include:
- The comprehensive embedding of new work behaviors (a new operating system) throughout people and the organization.
- Improvements in results and productivity (output per resource dollar).
- Increased resourcefulness and sense of responsibility in the individual members of the organization.
- Improved internal dynamics and communication within teams, levels, and units and across teams, levels and units.
Research continues to show (overwhelmingly) that companies succeed over many decades because their professional development is the conscious, deliberate, pinpointing and growing of the talents and self-motivation of people over time. The mathematical degree of probability increase for positive organizational outcomes if there is a continuous individual and organizational measurement system, verified by a common frame of reference, on the major issues and accountability of individuals and groups collectively.
To take the X-12 Leadership Appraisal and have a LINX Consulting consultant follow up with you, click here: